Microsoft Office Word MCQ Set-2
1. In mail merge operation which of the following might represent the main document?
a. A sales brochure
b. A form letter
c. A database of Names and Addresses
d. All of above
2. Pressing F8 key for three times selects
a. a word
b. a sentence
c. a paragraph
d. entire document
3. What do you call ‘a collection of character and paragraph formatting commands’?
a. the defaults
b. a template
c. a style
d. a boilerplate
4. What is a Document Outline View?
a. A preview in a full screen
b. A preview with margins
c. A View with a margins and gutter
d. A view with a structure of heading at various levels
5. Ctrl + Z
a. Undo the last Action
b. Redo the last Action
c. Add the new page
d. Paste the contents from clipboard
6. The _____ in the Resume Wizard dialog box indicates the wizard is ready to create the document.
a. Start panel
b. Address panel
c. Add/Sort Heading panel
d. Finish panel
7. What does Ctrl + = key effect?
c. All Caps
8. The spike
a. Allows you to combine text from several documents and tehn insert all the text into one document at onwe time
b. Allows you to edit auto text entries
c. Allows you to format uto text entries
d. All of above
9. The word wrap reature
a. Automatically move text to the next line when necessary
b. Appears at the bottom of the document
c. Allows you to type over text
d. is the short horizontal line
10. How can you make the selected character superscripted
a. Ctrl + =
b. Ctrl + Shift + =
c. Alt + Ctrl + Shift + =
d. None of above
11. When typing in a word field manually, what must you press to insert the code’s braces?
a. Ctrl + F6
b. Ctrl + F9
c. Alt + F11
d. Shift + F12
12. What is the short cut key to open the Open dialog box?
b. Shift F12
c. Alt + F12
d. Ctrl + F12
13. What is the shortcut key to split a table?
a. Ctrl + Alt + Enter
b. Ctrl + Shift + Enter
c. Alt + Shift + Enter
d. Alt + Space + Enter
14. Which key is used to increase left indent?
15. When the same word is used in multiple locations or a word is used that was not quite appropriate, a thesaurus can be used to look up a (n) _____ or a word similar in meaning.
16. How many different documents you can open at one time?
a. No more than three
b. Only one
c. As many as your computer memory will hold
d. As many as your taskbar can display
17. Which of the following is the second step in creating a macro?
a. Start recording
b. Using your mouse or keyboard, perform the task you want to automate
c. Assign a keyboard shortcut to the macro
d. Give the macro a name
18. When assigning a shortcut key to a symbol, you should always try to select a key or key combination that is:
b. located on the ten-key pad section of your keyboard.
c. assigned to another task.
d. from the same font family as the symbol.
19. Which feature is used to replace straight quotes with smart quotes as you type?
a. Auto Correct as you type
b. Auto Change as you type
c. Auto Format as you type
d. Smart Tags as you type
20. Which of the following command is not available in Tools menu?
a. Auto text
c. Auto summarize
21. Word has a list of predefined typing, spelling, capitalization, and grammar errors that _____ can detect and correct.
22. If you want to convert a symbol or several lines of text into an AutoCorrect entry, you should:
a. Insert the symbol or type the text in a Word document first. Then, select the text or symbol and go to the AutoCorrect dialog box.
b. Click the Tools menu and choose AutoCorrect Options. Then, click the Insert menu and choose Symbol (or click the Format menu and choose Paragraph) to add the symbol or paragraph to AutoCorrect.
c. AutoCorrect can only accommodate one line of text. It is not possible to convert a symbol or multiple lines of text into an AutoCorrect entry.
d. Insert the symbol or type the text in a Word document first. Then, select the text or symbol and click the Edit menu followed by Paste Special. Select New AutoCorrect Entry and then click OK.
23. Which option is not available in Insert Table Autofit behavior?
a. Fixed Column Width
b. AutoFit to Contents
c. Autofit to Window
d. Autofit to Column
24. When you click on File menu in Word 2010, it opens
a. File menu
b. File Commands
c. Backstage View
d. File Ribbon
25. Tabs stop position cannot be the following alignment
a. Decimal Alignment
b. Center Alignment
c. Bar Alignment
d. Justify Alignment